Wednesday, June 10, 2015

It's Getting Hot In Here

Happy Wine Down Wednesday Winos!!

It is getting hot here in sunny California as the Greater LA just had our first 100˚F + weather. As it gets closer to summer, I picked a drink for you to cool down to.

Today's Pick
I decided to do a Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot. Now before you leave saying that I've gone too cheap, hear me out. I chose this wine to use for a frappe. I poured it in a blender with some frozen strawberries and ice. Now I wouldn't do this with any Merlot, however, the Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot is sparkling, sweet and only $2.75 a bottle at Winco, but there is hardly ever a grocery store that doesn't sell it. It smells and tastes like grape juice and the alcohol can'tbe tasted. The first time I had this was at the state fair with my mom, and they have Wild Vine frappe machines. It is such a treat!

If Blackberry Merlot is not your thing, the Wild Vines website (link below) has other recipes to mix up their wines like Strawberry Zinfandel.

This is the wine that for many people that say they don't like wine, just haven't tried this yet. This is perfect for a summer party. No you won't find this in a fine tasting room with a sommelier, but wine is meant for drinking and enjoying not necessarily something to be a snob about. Sit back, relax and enjoy this Blackberry Merlot frappe. Here's to the beating the heat!

Cheers!
-Shawntelle


http://www.wildvines.com/wines/blackberry.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment